No more chips in the eye!
Most of us underestimate the risk of eye damage.
Admit yourself - do you wear glasses when you go to chop wood? Most of us, probably do not. And the glasses protect our eyes in the best way. As proven, e.g. by the I-Spector glasses, thanks to their modern design you can also use them for sport or trips to countryside.
They must fit you perfectly as to divers
When choosing glasses, it is essential how they fit you. They must not only be comfortable, but there must not be too much free space between your face and lenses (protective glasses) either to prevent chips and other objects from access to your eye.
You can wear working glasses for the whole day
When selecting glasses, think of time you spend wearing glasses.
- If you need to wear them for the whole day, look for Optical Class 1.
- Glasses of Optical Class 2 are sufficient for occasional use.
- Optical Class 3 can be used when you only wear glasses in extraordinary cases.
Depending on where you are going to work, choose a suitable UV protection filter as well as colour of the lenses. In addition to classical clear glasses, you can choose from:
- smoked lenses suitable for working at direct sunlight,
- brightening lenses suitable to places with reduced visibility. They are usually yellow or orange and thanks to their brightening function, they are often used e.g. for skiing, driving a car or riding a bicycle in foggy or cloudy weather.
Look for a suitable resistance class
For your eyes to be really safe and secured, you should choose the correct degree of provided protection. If you only need to protect your eyes from dust or chips, ordinary glasses will suffice you. Choose any of more resistant categories for heavy-duty work:
- S - they can resist the impact of a 6mm steel ball flying at the speed of 12 m/s.
- F - they can resist the impact of a 6mm steel ball flying at the speed of 45 m/s.
- B - they can resist the impact of a 6mm steel ball flying at the speed of 120 m/s.
- A - they can resist the impact of a 6mm steel ball flying at the speed of 190 m/s.
- T - they can resist impacts and temperatures at the range of -5°C - +55°C.
However, it always applies that right care is also essential for long lifetime. In addition to a solid case, cleaning agents with isopropylalcohol are also suitable. They degrease the lenses and at the same time remove small dust particles without scratching the glasses.
We can customize protective corrective glasses for you
If you wear prescription glasses, you need to combine them with protective ones at work. To avoid wearing two pieces of glasses at once, or thinking of tilting a protective layer, we can make protective corrective glasses for you. We do so in cooperation with the world number one company on the market - Bollé Safety.
You can certainly trust that they will meet requirements of EN 166. Feel free to contact our consultants.
By the way - if you feel unsure what protective glasses should be used for which work, consult the user manual of the given substance or device (its form can be found in our article about necessary documents). For information about suitable protective aids, see Section 8.